Thursday, February 08, 2007

70 year old super hero

So, my father just had heart surgery yesterday. Where you know they saw open the sternum, crank open the rib cage a good 7 inches, cut into various tissues to get to the heart, then cut into the heart to get the troubled vein(s) not conveniently just sitting on top of the heart mind you, sew an artery that they took out of some other part of your body to bypass (hence the name of the surgery) the blockage, sew it all back up, and then super-glue your chest together. That's right I said super-glue!

My father is 70 years old, and recovering like a 50 year old so say the nurses. No sooner did they take the breathing tube out of the old man 5-6 hours after the surgery, did he start telling blonde jokes - and to the blonde nurses i might add! And humming classical music. The next morning he proceeded to scarf down a whole plate of food and cup of coffee. Patients just having had this done aren't supposed to really be able to talk till like the next day. I'm convinced that this is a testimony of the LORD's great love and His Spirit in us.
I'm glad he blesses through the generations!

-Champ out!

4 comments:

Andrew said...

oh wow! Craigie is blogging again! Love you Craige! Make sure you give us all an update on the holy session blog. Would love to hear what's going on in your life.
Andrew

Roro said...

what's with the 'champ out' thing??

i like you're dad. he's nice.

Matthew said...

Champ out?
That's my thing!
I'm Champ! :D
I like you're dad too - I don't know him - but I like him too!

I Believe We Shall Win said...

I love you Craig Champ!